Last night I spent the evening with my Paris family plus another family from Chicago. If you read My Paris Agenda this was a priority for me. They are the loveliest people and it was so fun to catch up, share stories and laugh over a great meal.
Time seems to be going fast here. I wish I could stay longer so I am really happy when I am able to enjoy every little moment. There is still so much I want to see and do but as I reflect back on this time there are a few things I haven't done this trip. Living in Paris is very different from visiting and I highly recommend it. I will share more about that in future posts. But here are 5 things I haven't done yet in Paris this trip that may surprise you.
1. Eat a macaron at Ladurée - this seems to be high up on people's lists when they visit Paris. Macaron are great, but I would much rather have a tarte citron, chocolate mouse, or tarte framboise any day of the week.
2. Walk the Champs Elysée - I am living on the opposite side of Paris so it hasn't been on the top of my list. I think of it as Times Square or Michigan Ave in Chicago. There is one of my favorites Chez Andre for dinner not too far which I hope to visit for dinner sometime soon.
3. Shop - I packed Spring clothes so I am itching for a sweater or warmer clothes for sure but I have avoided most stores just because I have spent my time elsewhere. I am hoping to pick up a dress or two for Summer that will be something different from the stores back home. *I did buy two scarves which were life savers on these cold Parisian Spring days.
4. Watch the Eiffel Tower Sparkle. It is usually something I do the first night or two but I just haven't made it over at night yet. I did say hello to Madame Eiffel during the day when I met a friend for coffee. In all honesty, I believe she helps pay my bills as a Paris Photographer so she gets a special visit each trip.
5. Spend time at the Louvre/Tuileries - I have walked through on my way to Palais Royal if that counts! I do have a museum pass I am itching to use and may break it in today. I have a few things on my agenda including two trips planned outside of Paris so I want to make sure I cross the museums I want to see off my list. Suggestions are welcome.