In late 2015 I came up with an idea to start doing content creation for hotels for social media. I was already traveling and staying at hotels why not merge the two? I basically capture the hotel through photographs and lifestyle shots that can be used on social media, print, and websites. I have had some amazing stays over the last year and I was able to narrow it down to ten. Which was really hard since I have loved so many places! I honestly love my job and have had some pinch me moments in 2016. It is best for me to go in order because I did a lot of traveling and it would be hard to put them in a ranking order because they are all special in their own way.
1. Hotel Powers - I will be sharing more details about this hotel in a separate post because I was lucky enough to stay here twice this year. My room had a little balcony overlooking the Eiffel tower and this was the first time after all my stays in Paris that I had a glimpse of the iron lady from my room. I could literally watch her sparkle in my bathrobe. My first stay was in January which was a bit cold but that didn't stop me from hanging out on the balcony for way too long. I loved the crown molding and details of this old classic hotel. For those of you looking for a great option close to the arc de triumph and Champs-Elysée, this is it.
2. Grand Hôtel du Palais Royal - Located in the first arrondissement in central Paris is the Grand Hôtel du Palais Royal. It has been named one of the top hotels in Paris for 2016 by Condé Nast traveler for many reasons. Their staff is fantastic and the views over Palais Royal from the panoramic suite are breathtaking. Don't miss out on Le Lulli restaurant where I had one of the best meals of 2016 but we will save that for another post. This is by far one of my favorite hotels in Paris and is situated in the heart of Paris just steps from the Louvre, Palais Royal, The Opèra and the main metro line. You really can't ask for a better location.
3. The Lowell Hotel - I first stayed at The Lowell at the end of 2015 for a night in December while enjoying the Christmas decorations in the city. I always wanted to see NYC during the holidays. I immediately felt at home at this beautiful hotel on the upper east side. The lobby has it's own signature scent which I was lucky enough to walk home with in the form of a candle. It's a great way to remember my stay at the hotel. One of the things I loved most about the hotel was the light flooding in the room in the early morning even on the coldest days. My Suite had a wood burning fireplace that was enjoyed with a bottle of wine and cheese plate.
4. Haven in Paris - Haven in Paris provides luxury apartment rentals in Paris, Tuscany, and the South of France. I had the opportunity to not only stay in one apartment but two this year. Every detail is taken care of in these apartments for the apartment to feel like home. I stayed in an apartment on in Montmartre and also one on the left bank just steps from Notre Dame. They both had the most amazing views. There are great perks to having an apartment in Paris over a hotel room including the extra space, a washer and dryer and kitchen.
5. Casa Albertina - This Summer I found myself in Positano and I loved every minute of it. I haven't shared much about the trip except for on Instagram but I stayed in four hotels. I was supposed to stay for one night but ended up extending my stay. Since it was peak season I literally had to move rooms every night and getting wifi on the beach was tricky to book my next nights stay. This hotel was a far climb high up but the views were totally worth it. This was not a sponsored stay but I would gladly stay here again. Make sure to request a balcony overlooking the water and you won't be disappointed.
6. Hotel A Pazziella - Located just off the main square in Capri lies this 4-star hotel full of charm. This was my third time to Capri and it took me three times to fall in love with this place but it was so worth the wait. The island can be easily walked from this central location. To get to the beach simply take the bus which is a 5-minute walk from the hotel. I was lucky to have a huge terrace that was perfect for breakfast in the morning. It is also just a minute from one of my favorite restaurants Capri Michelangelo which makes walking home easy after a long meal.
7. The Beverly Hills Hotel - This hotel has been on my hotel bucket list if that is normal to say. But seriously, I have seen photos and heard stories of this iconic hotel and my first stay in Beverly Hills I was so excited to stay here. It did not disappoint and every detail of this Dorchester Collection property. I had breakfast at the Polo Lounge Club and the pancakes were unreal. I loved my room with an outside patio filled with jasmine. I didn't see any celebrities during my stay but I was treated like one during my stay. I would love to stay here again next time I am in Beverly Hills.
8. Hotel Monge - A new hotel that recently opened on the left bank just steps from Jardin des Plantes. A lot of research went into planning this hotel because there are so many extra details to make your stay comfortable and really unforgettable. From the welcome by the friendly hotel staff to the room with the butterfly wallpaper that I wanted to bring home you won't want to leave this boutique hotel.
9. Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais - This is as charming as it gets with Paris old detail. You will fell as you stepped back in time with wood beamed ceilings and chandeliers. The little balcony overlooking my favorite street in the Marais was a highlight. I loved watching the people pass by on vieille du temple just a quick walk away from my favorite coffee spot. Don't miss out on the breakfast delivered to your room for just 12 euros. Three croissants, homemade confiture and yogurt. This had me full until dinner which is quite rare ;)
10. Le Narcisse Blanc - My dream color palette for a hotel of cream, gold, and pale pink. This new hotel on the left bank is just a quick walk from my favorite bridge Pont Alexandre III and is perfect for a view of the sunset. A luxury boutique hotel that feels like you stepped into a special little oasis that is unlike any other hotel I have seen in Paris. This is a stay that I won't quickly forget and can't wait to return to next year in Paris.
I have a lot of plans for 2017 but I will save those for another post. Thank you for joining me for my favorite stays in 2016. Where have you loved to stay either a hotel or apartment? I would love to know!