I was once told by another expat in Paris that "gratitude" or the act of being thankful was such an American thing. This always sat in the back of my mind. If you have met me you know that I use the word a lot! I wish it wasn't considered just an "American thing" and that is something we could all use more often around the world. I could write a long post about this but if you are American you are probably traveling for Thanksgiving or getting ready for the holiday. If you have time to read this post Thank You! I also would love to know what you are most grateful for this year.
1. My Family. This year my sister gave birth to a beautiful baby boy and now she has one of each. I am the aunt to the most adorable niece and nephew. Seeing the world through their eyes is such a gift. They are full of so much love, and it is such a joy to give it right back.
2. My Job. I first dreamt of being a travel photographer when I was in college but I never knew it was a possibility. I am so grateful I get to do what I love every single day. I bring my view of the world into so many homes through selling my work. If you haven't had the chance to check out my work for sale you can view it at www.rebeccaplotnick.com
3. My friends. This year has been filled with ups and downs on a personal and business level. I am so lucky to have friends to grab coffee with, laugh with until my belly hurts, and will pick up a phone call or answer a text in the middle of the night. I couldn't have gotten through this year if it wasn't for them.
4. The gift of travel. I live to travel. I work hard every day so I can hop on a plane and see the world. It is what fuels me and makes me happy. This year I am so lucky to have had the chance to travel so much and this next year looks like it will have some exciting destinations.
5. The blog. I have always loved to write. For a while, I didn't have a creative outlet to share my story and my view on the world. This blog has brought me that and I am so grateful. For all of you have followed along from the beginnning or if you are just starting. Thank you so much for coming along on the ride.
You will often hear me say the best is yet to come but I truly believe it!