The Christmas Markets in Paris have been on the top of my list for years. Since December is my busy season I always miss them. One of these years I will be sure to make it. They start setting up for the markets in early November and start around mid-November. Last year they were setting up the markets right before I left. As I walked down the Champs Elysée I could see the lights strung up in the trees. It is really beautiful to see in person. Sadly the setup for the markets was postponed due to the Paris attacks on November 13. This makes it even more special to visit them and celebrate Christmas in the city.
There are a few different locations not just at the Champs Elysée to see the markets. I can't imagine what can be more festive than a glass of vin chaud or chocolat chaud (hot chocolate) and a stroll around the Christmas market.
Christmas Market Locations
- Christmas Market at Notre Dame Cathedral complete with 40 different booths selling clothing and holiday accessories.
- Traditional Alsace Christmas Market at Gare de l'est - Bretzels, gingerbread and holiday decorations.
- Christmas Market at Montparnase - located in the Montparnase square it is set up like a Christmas village.
- Christmas Village at Quai Branly - between pont de l'alma and Bir-Hakeim. It's just at the foot of the eiffel tower complete with decorations crafts and gourmet food.
- Christmas Market at the Champs Elysée from Concorde to the roundabout. of the Champs Elysée